Mary Ann Richardson

August 2016

As is often the case, the most compelling features surface after our annual summer field school, and students and interns have departed. This year was no […]

Read more

July 2016

The Jamestown Rediscovery archaeology team bid adieu to the 2016 Field School participants in July. With their help, we learned more about the east palisade wall […]

Read more

June 2016

June brought the opening of the 2016 Jamestown Rediscovery Field School and the opportunity to investigate areas adjacent to the north side of the 1907 Memorial […]

Read more

April 2016

During April, archaeologists completed removal of all the trash layers filling the cellar at the northeast corner of the 1608 extension (Structure 193). Several interesting iron […]

Read more

March 2016

At the end of March, the archaeology team returned to the field and focused their efforts excavating the cellar of Structure 193, located at the northeast […]

Read more

February 2016

This month, the Rediscovery conservation team focused on iron objects recovered from the cellar excavated in 2015. While several large pieces of armor were found, many […]

Read more

December 2015

Dig Update Archive, 2004-present

Read more

November 2015

Dig Update Archive, 2004-present

Read more

October 2015

Dig Update Archive, 2004-present

Read more