Please note that Historic Jamestowne is closed to the public through February 28, 2021. See the Operations Update for more information. The Island Drive loop roads are open for walking and cycling. Vehicles are not permitted beyond the Glasshouse.
Street Address for GPS Systems:
1368 Colonial Parkway
Williamsburg, VA 23185
From Interstate 64:
Take exit 242-A (Route 199) heading west towards Jamestown. Drive approximately 3 miles to the second traffic light. Turn right at South Henry Street and then take the first right turn for access to the Colonial Parkway. Travel on the Parkway towards Jamestown (approximately 7 miles). The Colonial Parkway leads directly to the Historic Jamestowne Visitor Center.
Take the Colonial Parkway from the Colonial Williamsburg Visitor Center towards Jamestown (approximately 9 miles). The Colonial Parkway leads directly to the Historic Jamestowne Visitor Center.
From Surry and the Southside of the James:
Take the relaxing 25-minute ferry ride (no charge) from Scotland Wharf to Route 31. Less than a mile from the dock, turn right onto Route 359. The Colonial Parkway is straight ahead, approximately 1/4 mile. Turn right at the stop sign onto the Colonial Parkway and continue approximately one mile to the Historic Jamestowne Visitor Center.
The entrance gate is open daily from 8:30am to 5:00pm, except for Thanksgiving, Christmas Day, and January 1. For current hours of operations for sites and buildings, please see the weekly schedule. Call 757-856-1250 for additional questions or information.