historic jamestowne to reopen on march 1, 2021:
Historic Jamestowne will reopen to the public on March 1, 2021. Jamestown Rediscovery and the National Park Service (NPS) have worked together to develop new and modified experiences for the safety of our visitors, staff, and volunteers.
Operations Information effective through February 28, 2021:
- The Fort Site, New Towne, and all buildings, including the Dale House Café, are closed.
- All on-site programs during the closure period have been cancelled.
- Jamestown Rediscovery staff will be doing our best to continue to respond to email messages and voicemail messages during the closure.
- Online product orders will be fulfilled twice a week for shipping.
- We are offering Virtual Classroom Programs during the closure.
- The Glasshouse, operated by Eastern National, remains open for glass blowing demonstrations and retail sales 8:30am-4:30pm daily.
- The Island Drive tour road is closed to vehicles beyond the Glasshouse parking lot, but remains open for bicyclists and pedestrians.
operations information effective march 1, 2021:
- The James Fort site, New Towne, Archaearium, Memorial Church, and other fee areas will be open. All public programs will continue to take place outside and follow physical distancing protocols. Please see the mobile-friendly Visit Guide for daily information about programs and hours of operation.
- The hours for the following buildings will be:
- Visitor Center Ticketing: 9:00am–4:30pm (online tickets are available until 4:00pm)
- Glasshouse: 8:30am–4:30pm
- Visitor Center Gift Shop: 9:00am–5:00pm
- Memorial Church: 9:00am–5:00pm
- Archaearium and Gift Shop: 9:30am–5:00pm
- National Park Service Information Station: 10:00am–4:00pm, Monday through Friday, weather permitting
- Dale House Café: March 1-4: CLOSED; Beginning March 5: 11:00am-4:00pm, daily
- The Visitor Center exhibit and film will remain closed.
- Adult tickets, both general and reduced pass holder admission, may be purchased in advance through our online ticketing portal. Youths 15 years of age and younger are free. National Park Service Pass Holders and veterans are eligible for a reduced admission of $10 per adult. Tickets are valid for seven consecutive days and include admission to Yorktown Battlefield (currently open with modified operations), as well as Historic Jamestowne. Online tickets must be redeemed first at the Historic Jamestowne Visitor Center before visiting Yorktown Battlefield. For more information on the ticket options and policies, please see our Ticketing page.
- Store pickup for retail merchandise purchased through our website will also resume on March 1.
current health and safety guidelines:
- In support of President Biden’s Executive Order on Protecting the Federal Workforce and Requiring Mask-Wearing, the National Park Service (NPS) has implemented a mask requirement for employees, visitors, partners and contractors. Masks will be required in all indoor facilities, including the Visitor Center, Archaearium, Memorial Church, and Glasshouse. Masks also will be required in outdoor areas of the park where gathering may occur or when individuals cannot maintain a physical distance of at least 6 feet from other persons outside of an individual’s household.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be available onsite and additional signage will alert visitors to safety protocols and changes in wayfinding.
- Much of the visitor experience will be outdoors. Therefore the potential for dangerous weather may result in changes to operations or closure of the site. Updated operations information will be posted on our Visit Guide and social media by 8:30am and throughout the day, as needed, so please check one of these channels if inclement weather is forecasted.
Last updated February 25, 2021, 1:30pm