current health and safety guidelines:
Jamestown Rediscovery and the National Park Service (NPS) have worked together to develop ways to explore Jamestown Island, with measures in place for the safety of our visitors, staff, and volunteers. We are continuing to follow federal guidance as well as that from the governor’s office, Virginia Department of Health, and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- Face Mask Policy
- A federal mandate requiring face masks indoors has been reinstituted. Face masks, regardless of a person’s vaccination status, must be worn inside all buildings, including the Visitor Center, Archaearium Museum, and Memorial Church.
- Wearing of masks is encouraged in outdoor areas of the park where gathering may occur or when individuals cannot maintain a physical distance of at least 6 feet from other persons outside of an individual’s household.
- The footbridge from the Visitor Center to the Fort Site and New Towne is marked with entrance and exit lanes. Please avoid lingering on the bridge to prevent crowding.
- Hand sanitizing stations are available onsite and additional signage alerts visitors to safety protocols and changes in wayfinding.
- Much of the visitor experience is outdoors. Therefore the potential for dangerous weather may result in changes to operations or closure of the site. Updated operations information will be posted on our Visit Guide and social media by 8:30am and throughout the day, as needed, so please check one of these channels if inclement weather is forecasted.
Last updated July 29, 2021, 9:15am