Jamestown Rediscovery and the National Park Service (NPS) have worked together to develop new and modified experiences for the safety of our visitors, staff, and volunteers. We are continuing to follow guidance from the governor’s office, Virginia Department of Health, and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
operations updates related to the phase one reopening:
- The James Fort site and New Towne are open. All public programs take place outside and follow physical distancing protocols. Please see the mobile-friendly Visit Guide for daily information about programs and hours of operation.
- The Memorial Church is open, with a limited capacity. Visitors are required to wear masks in the Church.
- The Archaearium Museum, Visitor Center, and Dale House Café remain CLOSED.
- Ticketing staff are stationed outside the Historic Jamestowne Visitor Center from 9:00am to 4:00pm. During this initial phase of opening, entrance tickets are $10 for adults. Children 15 and under are free. Contactless credit card payment is available onsite, and we are not currently able to accept cash. To learn more about the ticketing policy and to buy tickets online, please visit the ticketing page.
- Contactless shopping is available onsite between 9:30am and 4:00pm. Guests can browse popular items, select grab-and-go prepackaged items, and look for additional products virtually at our mobile kiosk. Merchandise ordered through our online store will be ready within one hour for guests to pick-up. Only credit cards will be accepted.
health and safety guidelines:
- Physical distancing of at least six feet or more from those outside of your household is recommended throughout the visit.
- Staff members will be wearing face coverings, and guests are encouraged to do the same. Masks must be worn in indoor spaces as required by executive order in Virginia.
- Hand sanitizing stations are available onsite and additional signage will alert visitors to safety protocols and changes in wayfinding.
- During Historic Jamestowne’s initial reopening phase, the visitor experience will primarily be outdoors. Therefore the potential for dangerous weather may result in changes to operations or closures of the site. For safety reasons, Historic Jamestowne will close once the heat index reaches 105° as well as during thunderstorms and high wind events. On days when a significant probability of severe weather exists, the site may remain closed or delay opening until the threat has passed. Updated operations information will be posted on our Visit Guide and social media by 8:30am and throughout the day, as needed, so please check one of these channels if inclement weather is forecasted.
- All school group tours booked through Jamestown Rediscovery and scheduled through August 31, 2020, have been cancelled. If you have questions about an existing school group booking, please email Cherelle Cotton at email@example.com.
- All “James Fort: Lost & Found,” “Curators’ Artifact Tours,” and “Forensic Fridays” have been cancelled. All ticketholders will be contacted regarding refunds.
Last updated June 28, 2020, 9:15pm