Jamestown Rediscovery and the National Park Service (NPS) have worked together to develop new and modified experiences for the safety of our visitors, staff, and volunteers. We are continuing to follow guidance from the governor’s office, Virginia Department of Health, and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
phase two operations updates:
- The James Fort site and New Towne are open. All public programs continue to take place outside and follow physical distancing protocols. Please see the mobile-friendly Visit Guide for daily information about programs and hours of operation.
- Ticketing staff are stationed inside the Historic Jamestowne Visitor Center next to the entrance of the gift shop from 9:00am to 4:30pm daily. Entrance tickets currently are $10 for adults. Children 15 and under are free. Contactless credit card payment is available onsite, and we are currently unable to accept cash. To learn more about the ticketing policy and to buy tickets online, please visit the ticketing page.
- Many buildings have reopened and resumed normal hours of operations as part of phase two. Occupancy is limited at these sites and guests are required to wear masks in all indoor spaces. The hours for the following buildings are:
- Visitor Center Ticketing: 9:00am-4:30pm (online tickets must be purchased by 4:00pm)
- Glasshouse: 8:30am-4:30pm
- Visitor Center Gift Shop: 9:00am-5:00pm
- Memorial Church: 9:00am-5:00pm
- Archaearium and Gift Shop: 9:30am-5:00pm
- All additional areas of the Visitor Center are closed. The Dale House Café also remains closed.
health and safety guidelines:
- Physical distancing of at least six feet or more from those outside of your household is recommended throughout the visit.
- Staff members will be wearing face coverings, and guests are encouraged to do the same. Masks must be worn in indoor spaces as required by executive order in Virginia.
- Hand sanitizing stations are available onsite and additional signage will alert visitors to safety protocols and changes in wayfinding.
- During Historic Jamestowne’s second phase, much of the visitor experience is outdoors. Therefore the potential for dangerous weather may result in changes to operations or closures of the site. Updated operations information will be posted on our Visit Guide and social media by 8:30am and throughout the day, as needed, so please check one of these channels if inclement weather is forecasted.
- All school group tours booked through Jamestown Rediscovery and scheduled through October 31, 2020, have been cancelled. If you have questions about an existing school group booking, please email Cherelle Cotton at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All “James Fort: Lost & Found,” “Curators’ Artifact Tours,” and “Forensic Fridays” have been cancelled. All ticketholders will be contacted regarding refunds.
Last updated July 26, 2020, 5:15pm