The name Jaw Harp is a bit of a misnomer. For 400 years, this instrument has been called a Jew’s Harp (or Jewes Harp) since its earliest known mention in 1595. Prior to this, it was referred to as a “jewes trump”. In Scotland and Northern Ireland, it was simply called a trump.
Archaeaologists have uncovered multiple such harps from James Fort. Some are on display at the Archaearium.