Jamestown Rediscovery was founded in 1994. Since then, our archaeologists have uncovered the location of the 1607 James Fort, as well as over 3 million artifacts.
The Jamestown Rediscovery logo uses this triangular fort image from the 1608 Zuniga map. In 1608, Don Pedro de Zuniga, the Spanish ambassador to England, secreted this map to King Phillip III to keep him informed of English colonization. it is the oldest surviving depiction of James Fort.