Jamestown Rediscovery was founded in 1994. Since then, our archaeologists have uncovered the location of the 1607 James Fort, as well as over 3 million artifacts.
The Jamestown Rediscovery logo uses the triangular fort image from the 1608 Zuniga map. In 1608, Don Pedro de Zuniga, Spanish ambassador to England, secreted this map to King Philip III to keep him informed of English colonization. It is the oldest surviving depiction of James Fort.
Support the Jamestown Rediscovery Foundation today!