Shop

Historic Jamestowne Shield Pin

$4.95

SKU: 38996 Category: Tag:

Description

In 1893 the Association for the Preservation of Virginia Antiquities (now Preservation Virginia) took ownership of 22.5 acres on the west side of Jamestown Island, the site of the first permanent English settlement in North America. In 1934, the National Park Service acquired the remaining 1,500 acres of Jamestown Island, saving it forever from private development.

Together, Preservation Virginia and the National Park Service operate the site, known as Historic Jamestowne.