Historic Jamestowne is CLOSED temporarily until further notice, owing to the rapidly-evolving COVID-19 (coronavirus) pandemic. The health and safety of our visitors, staff, and volunteers are of utmost priority. We will continue to follow guidance from the governor’s office, Virginia Department of Health, and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and will re-open when safe to do so. As new information about operations becomes available, it will be posted here and on our social media channels.
Operations Updates Related to the Closure:
Last updated March 25, 2020, 3:45pm
- The James Fort site, New Towne, and all buildings are closed until further notice.
- All programs and events, including paid tours, through April 23, 2020, have been cancelled.
- Jamestown Rediscovery staff will be doing our best to continue to respond to email messages and voicemail messages during the closure. No staff will be on-site to answer the main phone lines, so please leave a message and someone will return your call as soon as possible.
- All school group tours booked through Jamestown Rediscovery and scheduled through April 30, 2020, have been cancelled. If you have questions about an existing school group booking, please email Cherelle Cotton at email@example.com.
- All “James Fort: Lost & Found,” “Curators’ Artifact Tours,” and “Forensic Fridays” through April 23, 2020, have been cancelled. During the closure paid tour tickets for programs after that date can still be bought online, but they cannot be purchased by calling the Visitor Center. All holders of tickets for cancelled tours will be contacted with the option of receiving a refund or transferring to another tour date.
- Product orders will be fulfilled on Tuesdays while the closure continues, so some orders may take longer to arrive than usual. If you have questions about a product order, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.