This dimensional magnet features the Pocahontas statue at Historic Jamestowne.
The Pocahontas statue is one of the most famous images of Jamestown Island. Her hands are worn a bright copper color because so many visitors have held them while posing for photos. The statue has appeared on postcards for generations, though it features historical inaccuracies such as clothing more fitting for a Plains Indian woman.
Sculptor William Ordway Partridge worked on a statue of the famous Indian woman for the 300th anniversary events in 1907, but funding was short. It wasn’t until the federal government donated $5,000 in 1913 that the bronze statue was finished. The dedication ceremony was June 1922 and included about 500 visitors. A reproduction of the statue was given to the British people by the governor of Virginia to adorn Pocahontas’ burial ground at St. George’s Church in Gravesend, England.
Magnet dimensions: 3.5″ x 2.75″