visitor services associate
Historic Jamestowne Visitor Services is seeking a dependable, enthusiastic individual to join our team. Visitor Services Associates provide exceptional customer service while performing guest orientation and fee collection. Duties include acting as a front-of-house representative for Historic Jamestowne, answering visitor inquiries, and explaining tours, programs, facilities, park hours, and other local attractions.
Visitor Services Associate is a part-time hourly position that pays $15.50 per hour. Weekend and holiday work is required.
Historic Jamestowne is a nationally recognized historic site representing a public/private partnership between Preservation Virginia, Jamestown Rediscovery, and the National Park Service.
- Represent Historic Jamestowne by providing exceptional customer service.
- Maintain focus and a highly professional demeanor while serving a large number of visitors.
- Engage visitors with welcoming, accurate, and efficient point-of-sale service.
- Accurately explain admission fee structure, eligibility, and requirements for National Park passes.
- Utilize complex problem-solving skills.
- Work effectively and respectfully with people of diverse backgrounds.
- Provide information on the history of Jamestown, the historical park, our unique public/private partnership, and visitor amenities.
- Perform cash, credit, check handling, National Park Service pass tracking, and opening/closing duties following Preservation Virginia and NPS procedures and principles.
- Possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Handle conflict effectively.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Ability to work effectively with people of diverse backgrounds.
- Able to learn quickly with provided training.
- Previous experience in cash handling is required.
- Previous experience using a point-of-sale system is preferred.
- Must be able to work under pressure.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- A successful federal background check is required for employment.
- Must meet weekend and holiday availability minimums.
- Employees must be vaccinated against COVID-19 with limited exceptions.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to Shannon McCormack, Manager of Visitor Services, at email@example.com.
Visitor Services Associates perform assignments in accordance with all Preservation Virginia, National Park Service, and U.S. Treasury regulations governing the handling of government funds. A successful federal background check is required for employment.
Preservation Virginia is an Equal Opportunity Employer.