Primary Function: The Communications Manager performs a variety of tasks including creating and implementing marketing communications, manage the foundations social media platforms, and assist with updating website content.
key roles and responsibilities
- Prepares and implements marketing communications via the Foundation’s website, social media, brochures, magazine advertisements, emails, and e-newsletters to encourage new and returning visitation to Jamestown
- Communicate with media outlets and journalists and create press kits
- Develop and implement marketing and communications campaigns and strategies and monitor their success
- Determine strategic communications campaigns that will help further organizational goals
- Oversee the creation of marketing and communications collateral to ensure that it is consistent with the organization’s brand
- 3+ years prior experience working in a marketing or communications role
- Proven success designing and executing marketing and communications strategies and campaigns
- Up to date on industry trends and able to stay ahead of the curve
- Familiarity or experience working with HTML and WordPress
- Excellent organizational and project management skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to work with minimal supervision by assuming the responsibilities required of the position
- Great multitasker and capable of simultaneously managing multiple projects with different deadlines
Qualifications generally gained through a four-year degree (Bachelor’s degree in Communications preferred).
compensation & schedule
This is a full-time position with benefits. This position may require after-hours work including special events.
Please submit a cover letter and résumé via email to Katie Kowicki at firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls please.
Preservation Virginia is an Equal Opportunity Employer.