museum store associate
Preservation Virginia is seeking a dependable, enthusiastic individual to join our team. The Museum Store Associate provides exceptional customer service to Historic Jamestowne guests at the Visitor Center Museum Store and the Archaearium Museum Store.
- Engage visitors with welcoming and efficient point-of-sale service that includes detailed attention to all retail procedures, such as greeting and orienting guests, conducting product sales and returns, responding to inquiries, and opening and closing work locations.
- Provide information on the history of Jamestown, the historical park, our unique public/private partnership, exhibits and artifacts, visitor amenities, and daily tour and program offerings.
- Ensure a positive and memorable shopping experience for visitors through the following:
- Interpreting the significance of artifact-based reproductions and Jamestown Rediscovery publications.
- Making connections between products and experience.
- Maintaining attractive product displays.
- Keeping the sales floor stocked, organized, and clean.
- Assist in maintaining inventory accuracy by following established procedures to check in merchandise shipments and prepare product for sales floor, and performing periodic inventory audits.
The successful candidate will possess excellent skills in verbal communication, a high level of attention to detail and a team-focused sense of initiative. Must be able to positively interact with and provide services to diverse populations and age groups.
Prior knowledge of Jamestown Rediscovery, Preservation Virginia, the National Park Service, and Virginia’s Historic Triangle are useful. Dedication to the mission of education and historic preservation are essential.
- Education: High school diploma or GED required
- Training: Successfully complete training courses on the history of Jamestown, archaeological processes, and Archaearium exhibits to demonstrate a clear understanding of the material.
- Experience: One (1) + year(s) of customer service at a museum or historic site preferred.
- 20-28 hours per week
- Business hours are 9am-5pm daily
- Weekend availability is required
- Holiday work required with some flexibility; Historic Jamestowne is closed Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, and New Year’s Day
- Flexible work hours
- Employee discount
Please submit a cover letter and resume via email to Kira Ferro at email@example.com.
No phone calls please.
The Jamestown Rediscovery Foundation is a subsidiary of Preservation Virginia. Preservation Virginia is an Equal Opportunity Employer.