Historic Jamestowne will recognize the following Fee Free Days for 2017:
• Martin Luther King Jr. Day, January 16
• Presidents Day, February 20
• The second weekend of National Park Week, April 22 & 23
• National Park Service Birthday, August 25
• National Public Lands Day, September 30
• Veterans Day Weekend, November 11 & 12
Additional Reduced Admission Days at Historic Jamestowne include:
• The first weekend of National Park Week, April 15 & 16
Guests visiting Historic Jamestowne on these dates will pay a reduced admission of $7 to Preservation Virginia to visit the historic fort, town-site, and archaeological museum. Guests with Senior, Annual, Every Kid in a Park, Volunteer, and Colonial National Park passes will pay $5 per person covered by the pass. The 1608 Glasshouse and Island Loop Drive will be free of charge.
The National Park Service and Preservation Virginia cooperatively manage Historic Jamestowne, which is part of Colonial National Historical Park. Preservation Virginia acquired 22.5 acres of Jamestown Island in 1893. In 1930, the remainder of the 1,500 acre island became part of the Colonial National Monument, which was renamed Colonial National Historical Park in 1936. Preservation Virginia, a private non-profit, receives no federal funding and relies on support from visitor admission fees and private donations to continue the archaeological excavations and its operations.